Hello all, it's been a while since I posted here, but I was minding my own business, mixing some more sets on MH3, and then it struck me...
All serious mixers know that there's certain combinations that are very easy to achieve certain skills most efficiently. For example, to get Adrenaline+2, the easiest way is to use Black Leather Pants and a Barroth piece for Head/Chest/Gloves. (Gloves are my preference because they also come with 3 spare slots)
That being said, I've begun making outline sets on MHAG which can be found under the search button, and by typing "<Outline Set>" under the Set Name space.
I've only begun the process, and as such, I have only placed 4 outline sets so far. If there are any [very] obvious ones I missed, feel free to point them out, and I will be glad to post them when possible. Because no one else has used the "<Outline Set> name in any of there sets, feel free to post any of your own outline sets yourself to claim credit for them.
Please note that if you abuse the "<Outline Set>" name, I will have to list reliable names to look for while browsing mhag in this blog.
Sharp+1/Earplugs --- 1 Wep Slot, (Heli+ Chest, 2 Other Armors W/Torso Up) - No Gloves, No Tali, [Also has 1 more free piece which can be any of the following - Head/Waist/Legs - Which depends on what pieces you use for torso up. (Head = Skull Mask; Waist = Vangis; Legs = Alloy/Alloy+/Uragaan/Guild)
Wind Res (Hi) --- No Wep Slots, No Helm, No Chest, No Gloves, No Tali
no, it's not monster-hunter-related. Meanwhile I am still waiting for the announcement of Monster Hunter News for the west, I can't help to start enjoying this new game, that will be launched next month.
The Diablo team has started to send massive beta test to a part of fans who preordered the game, and I happen to be one of those lucky people!!!
I will hunt Diablo just like how I fought Diablos!!
Gondor @Capcom Unity just updated MHAG Server.
1. MHAG Online has a new MH3G armor database.
2. Armor databases now show sets on multiple pages (50 sets per page).
3. User logins for each database were merged together, so users can access all games with single login.
4. Data synchronized with the latest MHAG Desktop version.
1. a few armor data errors were fixed. (Credit to Vuze @ mh3g wetpaint site)
2. Set URL links were corrected, so it links directed to the new MHAG Online Server for MH3G
3. add Sword Saint Earring and Barrage Earring (MH3G)
4. mhag model code is seperated from swing code (for future mobile port)
The above is a snapshot. And ... all the tables were generated by MHAG! lol
Back to the days when I built the initial MHAG program for Monster Hunter Tri, I gathered some data from Monster Hunter Wikia site. Now it's time for MHAG to do something in return. These information usually requires a few month's hard works. But it only cost me a week to write a little code for the HTML table, do some tests and format them specifically for Wetpaint site (mainly because Wetpaint doesn't fully support HTML table).
Anyway, I am pretty confident that this is so far the best version you can find online (even when compared with Japanese wiki sites). I don't have the game yet, but I did consensus check among different data I can find (in-game images, multiple japanese wiki, magazine/book images, japanese armor build program and MHAG data from the previous games)
So far, I didn't check/translate materials and maximum defense for each rank. (They are less important anyway) Besides, there are some conflicts among different versions, and I am not 100% sure which one is correct. If you have the game, please verify the data I listed in the following.
Possible MH3G Armor Data Errors
(ENG name JPN name : blade/gunner/all type : body part : issue : current version (the other version if avaliable)
1. Yukumo Kasa ユクモノカサ : all : head : # of slots : 0 (1)
2. Yukumo - Earth Obi ユクモノオビ・地 : gunner : waist : protection skill points : 3 (2)
3. Bone S Coat ボーンＳコート : gunner : waist : LastingPwr skill points : 3(2)
4. Baggi S Leggings バギィＳレギンス : gunner : leg : Rec Speed skill points : 3(2)
5. Urkusus S Guards ウルクＳガード : gunner : arms : Expert skill points : 3(2)
6. Kikyo Cap 桔梗【布冠】 : gunner : head : wide-range skill points : 3(2)
7. Kikyo Sleeves 桔梗【蕾袖】 : gunner : arms : wide-range skill points : 3(2)
8. Ludroth S Guards : ルドロスＳガード : gunner : arms : Oxygen skill points : 3(2)
9. Barroth U Cap ボロスＵキャップ : gunner : helm : Defense skill points : 2(3)
10. Barroth U Cap ボロスＵキャップ : gunner : helm : Potential skill points : 3(2)
11. Barroth U Vest ボロスＵレジスト : gunner : chest : Potential skill points : 3(2)
12. Gigginox U Cap ネブラＵキャップ : gunner : helm : Ice Atk skill points : -2 (-1)
13. Gigginox U Vest ネブラＵレジスト : gunner : chest : # of slots : 1 (2)
14. Ranguro X Vest ラングロＸレジスト : gunner : chest : Dragon resist : 3 (2)
15. Alloy Greaves アロイグリーヴ : blade : leg : ice resist : -1 (-2)
16. Alloy Greaves アロイグリーヴ : blade : leg : dragon resist : 0 (-1)
17. Bone Faulds ボーンフォールド : blade : waist : flute skill points : 3 (4)
18. Bone Greaves ボーングリーヴ : blade : leg : flute skill points : 4 (3)
19. hunter gunner set ハンター : gunner : thunder resist : -2 (-1)
20. Jaggi Vambraces ジャギィアーム : blade : arms : LastingPwr : -2(-1)
21. Jaggi S Faulds ジャギィＳフォールド : blade : waist : Gluttony : 4 (1)
22. Aoashira S Helm アシラＳヘルム : blade : head : # of slots : 0 (1)
23. Aoashira S Cap アシラＳキャップ : blade : head : # of slots : 0 (1)
24. Agnaktor U set アグナＵ : blade : sharpner skill points :2/1/3/1/3
25. Escadora Set エスカドラ: both blade and gunner : Element resist
26. Qurupeco S set ペッコＳ: gunner : flute skill points (or if it exists), pelletS up skill points
27. Barioth S Vest ベリオＳレジスト : gunner : chest : evasion skill point : 1(2)
28. Archer's Espadrilles 城塞弓撃隊【足袋】 : gunner : leg : fate : -3 (-2)
29. Diablos S Cap ディアブロＳキャップ : gunner : head : # of slots : 0 (1)
30. Qurupeco X Cap ペッコＸキャップ : gunner : head : # of slots : 1 (0)
31. Ludroth X Cap ルドロスＸキャップ : gunner : head : # of slots : 1 (0)
32. Agnaktor X Vambraces アグナＸアーム : blade : arms : Fire Atk skill (no fire atk, but Constitutn skill instead)
33. Chakra set 三眼の: all : resist values
34. Vangis X Coil バンギスＸコイル : blade : waist : max defense ??? (different from other part?)
35. Vangis X Coil バンギスＸコイル : blade : waist : Dragon resist : 0 (-4)
36. Vangis X set バンギスＸ : gunner : resist values
37. Unconfirmed earrings:
Wyvernking Eyepatch : 竜王の隻眼
Sword Saint Earring : 剣聖のピアス
Barrage Earring : 増弾のピアス
Please check the list, and let me know.
(comment here or http://mh3g.wetpaint.com/thread/4853427/Armor+page+check+list )
With the release of MHAG Desktop 2.1, I am free to work on MH3G support.
I plan to make a MH3G version with english translation and original japanese names. If MH3G comes to the west, all translations will be converted to the official data.
MHAG Desktop 2.1 was finally released today! This version should have been done long time ago, but I kept adding some more features. >.> I added almost all features users requested. Most importantly, the new version is ready for G-Rank data now. So I can work on MH3G or MHFU at any time in the future.
1. new look and feel.
2. new feature: Now all games are integrated into a single package. Users can choose a game at the beginning. All user data are saved in sub-dir.
3. new feature: Data structure are modified to allow G-rank data. (so it's ready for MHFU and MH3G support)
4. new feature: Add the option to display armor/charm materials in the calculator. Data is extracted from the open source project TriDB (thanks to Feox for convert the data to MHAG format) and P3DB (Most armor/charm names were synchronized with mhf3.com).
5. new feature: Enhance keyboard controls. Most comboboxes now has auto-completion function. "enter" key can trigger button.
6. new feature: Adjust female/male checkbox. Now if male/female is selected, only male/female sets are available in the armor selection menu. (mostly for mp3rd and future games) The generator also search sets only for specific gender.
7. error: The Boss' Set and Snake's Set have different skills (mhp3rd). Fixed, sets are now separated.
8. Fix some typo/translations of armor names or jewel names. (Bnahabra Pants, Mutsu Gusoku, Archer's Gauntlets, Chainmail Armor+, Shadow's Shades, Alloy Faulds+, Bnahabra Mail+, Bnahabra Faulds+, Bnahabra Greaves, Steal Coil+, Damascus Set, Assult Jewel, Storm Jewel)
How to run MHAG/upgrade from previous version?
1. Unzip the MHAG package to a folder/directory
2. Make sure the system has JRE 6 or 7
3. Run Mhag.jar (doutble click in Windows)
4. In the pop-up welcome dialog, choose a game
Update from previous version
1. Unzip the MHAG package to a NEW folder/directory
2. copy user data to mhtri for Monster Hunter Tri, and mhp3rd for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
3. Run Mhag.jar (not in the specific game directory anymore)
4. In the pop-up welcome dialog, choose a game
Welcome to the first part of my Startup Guide for armor sets and good beginning weapon choices early on.
In this first video, I will be going over sets for players that only have access to low rank quests (1-4 star village quests) and what are some sets they should try to get early on. This set will cover players that are just starting out, those that have already had experience, (recommended for players HR 100 or below, and for those who are not 100% confident about their knowledge of monster's attacks) and finally for the best players who are very knowledgeable about monster movements, habits, and when to effectively use bombs and traps.
With that being said, here is part 1 of my early game armor set recommendations.
Hello everyone, I've been recently "promoted" to author here (thank you Tifa for adding me and for pointing out this blog to me), so I thought I'd start things off with my Lance Mix Sets videos.
The purpose of these videos (I will do all weapons when I have the time) is to demonstrate sample sets for any large monster in the game and they are meant to work very efficiently against said monster. These sets are based solely on the skills which the armor set will have, and not on defense, resistance, or looks.
I currently have 2 projects I have plans to work on, first being a Start-up Set Path (What sets to go for early on, and the best sets to use when you don't have access to the best armors. [As requested by Vion]) for newbies. My second project is to finish the mix sets for all large monsters for all weapons, and if I still play Tri after that, I will then just add miscellaneous sets that didn't make the cut.
With that being said, here are my mix sets for all large monsters in the Wii's Monster Hunter Tri. (These videos are impossible to view the details of the sets while embedded, so you can click the links to go to YouTube and then go to fullscreen to read them.)
We are aware that some people complain MHAG calculator allows impossible talisman.
We adopted the current method because of the new talisman rules for MHP3rd. It does allow impossible talisman. But our admin will help to keep the database clean and accurate.
To maintain the high quality of MHAG database, our admins moderate entries according to the following rules.
1. Sets with impossible talisman (or combination) will be removed, unless it can be easily fixed with a correct talisman.
2. Sets with large portion of wasted skill points will be removed, unless the owner specify their reason to keep it.
3. Redundant entries, if posted at the same time or by the same author, will be removed.
4. In case a set can be easily improved (for example, use less weapon slot, or add a charm), a new entry will be posted to replace the old set (with same owner name and set name).
It's our goal to keep MHAG database from impossible sets and useless sets. But we still encourage people to save sets for their daily hunts, even if it's not optimal. I, myself, loves sets that can be easily created, and without rare talisman.
But our admins are human beings, so we may make mistakes. To help us moderating sets, users are recommended to do the following.
1. Create an account, so users can manage their sets in the future. Or if not, at least use a specific owner name for each saved entry.
2. Use a detailed set name. Show the purpose of the set, or/and your description.
MHAG Online server was available to the public for about three month. So far, we have 378 armor sets for Monster Hunter Tri (Wii), and 211 sets for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP/PS3).
We thank a lot of hunters for their supports to MHAG. Especially the following fans for their big contributions to customized armor sets.
MHtri: Alpal, Amir the hunter, Predator
MHp3rd: frost, VengefulTorture, Grimford, Ace
I just saw a YouTube video, in which the author used MHAG to show his MH3 customized armor sets for lance. Then I took a close look, and I found he is Predator!!! Oz78 mentioned that Predator loves MHAG a lot, and can even be our speakman. lol Predator, thank you for your support!!
Since last month, I noticed that MHAG Desktop 2.0 started to be noticed by some software download sites. They independently tested MHAG and put it on their websites.
But surprisingly, I learned today that Softoxi wrote a detailed review on MHAG and made a video tutorial!
Here is how Softoxi describes MHAG: MHAG is an useful piece of software that helps you generate armor sets for your Monster Hunter character. This simple and efficient application can easily become a great tool for any Monster Hunter player out there.
And their review:
Are you a fan of the Monster Hunter fantasy role-playing game and you are not decided which armor sets to use on your character? If that is the case, then you will definitely enjoy the MHAG.
MHAG, short for Monster Hunter Armor Generator, is a handy piece of software that allows you to generate every possible armor set and combinations and quickly calculate their bonuses for your Monster Hunter character. With the help of this lightweight application you could easily create the best possible armor set for your character so that you could play it at its maximum potential.
MHAG comes with three useful features that will help you out in choosing the best possible armor setup that you could get your hands on in the game: the calculator, where you are able to choose every armor part, along with their possible bonuses, and preview your final setup so that you could easily perform any modifications, the generator, which allows you to create the best possible armor sets according to the skills of your character and the viewer which lets you load and add your data from the calculator and export your armor sets either as text or HTML documents. This way, you can quickly share your generated armor sets with your friends and show off your awesome character setup.
Furthermore, MHAG offers you both an online and offline version so that you can easily generate your armor sets in any possible situation. In addition, if you want to upload your armor setup to show it to other users from the MHAG community, this easy to use piece of software allows you to do that with just one click. Just press the "copy set link" button and the URL pointing to your build will be copied to the clipboard.
All in all, if you need a handy piece of software that will help you easily generate armor sets for you Monster Hunter character, then you should give MHAG a look.
MHAG Desktop: Create and organize sets offline a. Manually build armor sets with the built-in calculator
b. Use the generator to search armor sets automatically within seconds
c. Use the viewer to manage, browse and export armor sets
d. The three components can interact with each other
MHAG Online: Create and share sets online
a. Works on ANY device that connects to internet
b. Features the same calculator as MHAG Desktop
c. Use the online database to share and search mixed sets
Integration of MHAG Desktop and MHAG Online
a. Share same data and core functions
b. Easily access MHAG Online from MHAG Desktop
a. Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)
b. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP/PS3)
c. (future) Monster Hunter Tri G (3DS)*
d. (future) Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP)**
* When MHTri G comes to the west, or if many users request it
** If any user can provide MHFU data)
II) System Requirements:
MHAG Desktop: a. Any PC (WinXP or later, MacOS and Linux)
b. JAVA 6 (JRE 1.6) or later
c. Screen resolution: 1024x768 (minimum), 1280x720 or above (recommended)
MHAG Online: a. Any device (PC, tablet, smartphone)
b. Web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera etc.)